Sat, Jan 06|
Yurt at Sankta Amo
BEING HELD - CIRCLE OF BELONGING
You are invited to an afternoon gathering designed to enhance your core feeling of belonging though platonic touch and holding. These activities that somatically calm the amygdala, soothe the Vagus nerve and stimulate the regions of our brain that support relatedness and belonging.
Time & Location
Jan 06, 2024, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Yurt at Sankta Amo, Cowichan Valley, BC, Canada
About the event
Thank you for your interest in attending this event!
We will begin the afternoon with a check-in circle and an activity we call “Meeting Equally” which allows you to gently create brief, graceful presence with each person attending before we move into the rest of the activities.
We ask all attendees to review the Grace Principles that help create a field of grace for touch at this gathering. You will find them on our website www.beingheld.ca under “Being Held Basics”.
Briefly they are:
- Welcoming What Exists: seeking to be gracefully accepting and curious with all sensations/emotions we experience.
- Sharing Presence: gracefully sharing gentle, focused, physical and energetic presence.
- Noticing Meaning: gently noticing how we give meaning to our inner experience (stories) and how these affect our ability to be graceful.
- Encouraging Voice: voicing invitations and gracefully thanking other people’s voice, especially their no.
- Embracing Wholeness: gracefully allowing all my parts (characteristics), and the parts of others to exist.
- Creating Structures for Flow: negotiating a graceful container that offers inclusion to everyone in connection experiences.
We also recommend reading the article titled “The Magic of C-Cell Touch” on the Being Held Basics page of our website, which outlines the scientific background for the primary type of touch we will be creating with each other.
• Light layered clothing.
• A water bottle.
• A willingness to sign our waiver and follow instructions.
• Optional low dose empathogens and/or micro-dosing of entheogens.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early (by 12:45). If this is your first time, give yourself a bit of extra time to find us (we can email you a map of directions if you like)! You can head right for the yurt. There is a bathroom in Michael and Tricia’s house (with the deck) on the other side of the kitchen. Feel free to use it if needed. Please don’t let Bear, our black poodle, out of any of the gates if he is outside (he is allowed inside the house too). He is enthusiastically friendly.
We are limited to 18 people, first come, first serve. We welcome repeat attendance. If you register and then discover you are not going to be able to attend, it is important for space and planning considerations to let us know right away.
Contact Tricia by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to sharing time with you!
With love... Tricia and Michael.